Identification of diagnostic serum protein profiles of glioblastoma patients.
Elstner A, Stockhammer F, Nguyen-Dobinsky TN, Nguyen QL, Pilgermann I, Gill A,
Guhr A, Zhang T, von Eckardstein K, Picht T, Veelken J, Martuza RL,
von Deimling A, Kurtz A.
Journal of Neuro-Oncology, 2010 Jul 9
neofonie GmbH: Java/C++ Developer (2005-04 .. now)
neofonie internal products (2005-2006)
Position: Software Developer C++ mainly on Linux (backend internet
servers and clusters of backend servers). Main responsibilty:
Mainentance + further development of technology. Successfully
adapted and deployed solution for one of germany's biggest online
Customer project 1 (2006)
One project involving C#/.NET client/server development (C#
Winforms Client, COM+ Middle thier - .NET Enterprise Services, SQL
Server 2000 Backend). Main responsibility (100%):
Concept and design of Middle thier (COM+)
Design and implementation of a project specific data mining
solution (clustering algorithms) in C# / ISO C++ (including
professional end-user UI).
Customer project 2 (2006)
Low-overhead C++ DLL calable from Java for realtime system metrics
Java/C++ Interoperability bridge using JNI. A heavily multithreaded
Java application invokes functionality realized by C++ Dlls. The bridge
dynamically loads C++ Dlls and exposes C++ objects transparently to
java clients. The C++ dlls do not have any dependency/knowledge of the
java/JNI use case (In fact, developed by a third-party). Asynchronous,
non-blocking callbacks from C++ objects into concrete java instances
(Active Objects implementation). Used in production in a commercial
communication client on Win32.
Customer project 3 (2007-2008)
Repository component for a duplicate detection framework. evaluation
of existing DB configurations, conception and implementation.
Standardized document format: documents stored are either crawled from
the net or come from a reliable source. Universal import and export
Maintained and extended existing processing framework, adapted importers
and exporters from different sources, fixed memory leaks and multi-threaded
Customized algorithm for duplicate detection based on statistics and
information retrieval algorithms. Very, very few false positives, high
precision and recall.
technology: Maven2/Eclipse, JPA, Hibernate, relational database, XML parsing,
Customer project 4 (2008)
Consulted customers on flash streaming technology: client and server for multi-hours
livestreaming of a german tv channel for livestreaming and video on demand
Set requirements and negotiated with multiple both german and international CDNs
(content distribution networks).
Evaluated and implemented technology accordingly, both on the client and server-side.
Implemented java and grails based ui for management of video-on-demand videos
(upload, management, enabling/disabling)
Some code for streaming control: regional blocking of non-german website visitors, etc
(livestreaming & player client)
Customer project 5 (2009)
Implemented java based web-service (JAX-WS) for a search engine service.
Minimal overhead for exposing java services as a web service (PHP clients communicating
with java backend).
Technology: java, eclipse, intellij, maven2, relational databases
Customer project 6 (2009-2010)
Created xsd schema for database migration from an existing system
Implementation of basic formula (calculation) engine: infix input, postfix evaluation
Enhanced calculation use cases based on engine
Created native word and excel files in java based on existing word and excel templates
and Aspose products, generic dispatch of report creation in an external calculation/reporting
Some basic grails frontend development: forms, controllers, services
Technology: java, grails, xml schema, eclipse, intellij, maven, mysql, apache ibatis+ibator,
aspose cells/word for java
- GHC Charité Lufthansa: Lead Developer C++ (2004-03 .. 2005-04)
- Telemedical Computer for Aircrafts
- Position: Main developer (application/core libraries). Integration
work with hardware vendors. No further info possible due to NDA
- University Clinic Charité: Lead Developer C++/Java (2002-03 .. 2005-04)
- Study Manager (using Data Mining) for Medical Studies
- Integrated Data Mining Tool for Medics and Scientists. Created
Anforderungskatalog, Systementwurf and Feinentwürfe (builds upon
AMICI modules). Main Application built using Visual C++, AMICI
- Knowledgebase/Ontology Editor: Complete API and GUI for handling
an Ontology: API and GUI (MFC) Visual C++, AMICI Modules
- C/C++ API for UMLS Medical Dictionary API for National Library of
Medicine's UMLS ("Unified medical language system"), a huge
Dictionary (~40 million db rows) and semantic network. Visual
C++, AMICI Modules
- C++ Database Access Layer Direct efficient C++ ODBC Access layer
for major databases: (Oracle, SQLServer, Sybase ASA, Access) as an
efficient MFC Database replacement. C++ Unit Regression test.
Visual C++, direct ODBC programming;
- Data Mining Tools Python scripts and C++/MFC GUIs for data mining
analysis and Visualization (using VTK). Python, Visual C++, Data
- J2EE Integration Benchmarking Project planning (Requirements,
System Analysis and Design), Implem. / Evaluation of a
three-thiered, Applicationserver-based architecture for genotype
and phenotype data and logic (procedures). Benchmarking of
Application server with Oracle and SQL Server. J2EE (JBOSS
Application server), Netbeans, Ant, XDoclet.
- LDAP Directory Server Engine and Tool Simple LDAP Authentification
and Query Engine and Tool (Swing UI) to a central Directory Server
(MS Activedirectory). JDK (JNDI, Swing), Netbeans
- Trend Computerschulung: Teacher Java (2001-09 .. 2002-03)
- Java Teaching: Teacher for a Java programming course - attended
mostly by undergraduate CS students.
- Softskills, Motivation
- Ingene (Institute of Genetic Medicine): Software Developer C++ (2001-04 .. 2001-09)
- C++ Frontend and/ Linux Cluster programming:
- Worked as a C++ Programmer for Ingene, focus on bioinformatics
(phenotype selected database) and clustering techniques (beowulf)
for data mining.
- Visual C++ 6, MFC, ODBC; Linux: GCC, M-VIA, High perf. kernel driver
- Website programming:
- Website updates for Ingene homepage.
- Adobe GoLive
- Software Solutions: Software Developer (2000-03 - 2000-08)
- Website programming Created the web-site scripting (Perl) for the
MP3-Software Suite Amplay from Software Solutions. Perl, Apache
- DBPro GmbH: Software Developer (1999-06 .. 2000-06)
- C++ Database Frontends
- Worked for 12 months as a C++ Programmer for the DBPro GmBH,
Stuttgart in the field of MFC GUI and ODBC database programming
("Arbeitszeugnis" available). Rational Rose UML tool for code
documentation. Visual C++ 6, MFC, ODBC;
Download pdf from this page (May be outdated, but this page should be
always up to date).